Tom and Jerry (a.k.a. The Thomas Tribute)
Courtesy of Mr. Boston: All-New Official Bartender's and Party Guide
A controversial drink because it uses raw eggs. To prevent salmonella, coddle the eggs about 30 seconds in boiling water. DO NOT put the eggs back in the carton or egg holder in your refrigeration - this is where the salmonella breeds.
- Three Eggs (whites and yolks separated)
- 2 oz. Rum
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Cloves
- 1 lb of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 2 oz. Brandy
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and yolks until thin as water.
- Mix whites and yolks together, and then add the rum, spices and cream of tartar.
- Thicken with sugar until consistency of a light batter.
- Serve in a coffee mug, combining 1 tablespoon of the above mixture and 2 oz of brandy.
- Fill mug with boiling water. Garnish with nutmeg on top.