Bombay Punch From The Savoy Cocktail Book (slightly modified by Francis)
- Large Block of Ice
- 2 cups Brandy
- 2 cups Sherry (Harvey’s Bristol Cream)
- ½ cup Maraschino
- ½ cup Orange Curacao
- 5 bottles dry Champagne or sparkling wine
- 2 qts. Carbonated Water
- 2 cups mixed berries (& pineapple chunks if you like)
- handful of mint sprigs
- Chill all ingredients
- Mix liquid ingredients except for Champagne and carbonated water and store refrigerated until ready to use.
- At the last minute muddle berries and mint sprigs.
- Stir berries and mixed liquids in punch bowl around block ice
- Add Champagne and carbonated water and stir gently.
- Note: If you are making your own block ice (in empty gallon milk container and cut the container away when frozen) you can freeze some whole berries and mint. The berries and mint will sink to the bottom. Put the ice block into the punch bowl upside down to show off your creation.